Saturday, August 30, 2014

Bump In The Night

Fumbling in darkness,
Moon in the glass,
Peering through candles
With dark flickering wicks

No fire, yet burning,
The heat but no light,
A trip and it's over,
A domino inferno.

No fire, but smoke;
A nighstand of tar,
A bump on the way out,
Means "hold still forever"

but the candles like towers
a forest of blackness
singing my hair
and prickling my skin

then Someone moves,
not alone in this room,
and a candle falls over
The carpet is dark

And it burns without glowing,
No beauty in this fire,
Only ashes and dust,
Geting close, climbing higher

No escape, from this fire,
The burning that's dark,
It blends with the void
And ceases for no-one.

If I could see it, I'd know
The violent thrashing that nears
Yet it has no form, nor shape,
As it shakes and walks

The carpet under my bed
Licked at the frame
And the black fire crept
Under my sheets

The Someone stands there
Not a hand held out
No gesture of care
As my body lay there

But the candles cried out
Asking for my submission.
Reaching our with ten thousand hands
That stung and stifled

Then Someone pushed more down
Cat eyes in the space
And the invisible flame
Took me all at once

No comments:

Post a Comment